a village for mama guide
Delivering food to new mums is what we are all about. Our recipe book with recipe cards makes it easy for mums to be to organise homemade meal deliveries. The most loving, thoughtful and supportive thing you can do for a new mama is bring her delicious nourishing food. Village for mama recipes have been designed alongside a Naturopath to ensure every meal will restore and repair a mama after she gives birth. We have a few tips for the best way to deliver the goods without stepping on any toes.
- Send a message to check that the delivery day suits. Let them know you will just be dropping it off and will message them once you have left. This is a great way to take the pressure off if she is having a slightly challenging day or doesn’t fancy a visitor.
- Label items with a best before date. Don’t just write ‘lasts 4 days’ as chances are mama won’t remember what day it is let alone what day the food was delivered.
- Add the storage suggestion: store in fridge, freezer or pantry. You can always deliver cold goods in a cool box or ask that one be left out for your delivery.
- Add preparation instructions and serving suggestions. You could even deliver with serving suggestions. Some nice crackers along side the jar of pesto or some fresh sourdough bread to enjoy with the soup.
- Once you have made the delivery send mama a message letting her know her food has arrived.
- If you are invited in, please make a cup of tea, load the dishwasher or pop a load of washing on. If you get to snuggle the baby, make sure she uses this as an opportunity to do something for herself (jumps in the shower or has a little stretch). Most importantly, don’t overstay your welcome. A good rule of thumb is to keep all visits to under an hour.
love village for mama x