This collagen rocky road is an easy, healthier take on a classic Christmas sweet. A perfect sweet treat delivery for a new mama this Christmas.
3 tbsp grass-fed gelatin, bloomed in 1 cup water
1 cup frozen raspberries or strawberries, thawed
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 cup water
2 tsp coconut oil
250g dark chocolate of your choice pinch of salt
1/4 cup pistachios, chopped roughly plus extra to garnish
1/4 cup goji berries
1/4 cup dried figs, chopped roughly
1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped roughly
50g freeze dried berries to garnish (optional)
- Line a small tray with baking paper.
- Add thawed berries and water to a blender. Blitz then strain through a sieve into a small saucepan. Add bloomed gelatin and maple syrup Bring to a simmer, whisking until gelatin is dissolved. Pour into a small lined container or tray and set in the fridge for minimum 2 hours or until firm. Cut into small pieces (approx 1 cm × 1cm).
- Add coconut oil, dark chocolate and salt to a double boiler. Mix using a spatula until smooth. Mix chopped jelly pieces, pistachios, goji berries, dried figs and hazelnuts in a large bowl. Pour over the chocolate mixture and mix until combined.
- Transfer to a small lined baking tray and press until smooth. Sprinkle with extra chopped pistachios and crumbled freeze dried berries.
- Set in the fridge for minimum 1 hour or until hard. Cut into pieces and serve.
You can substitute the gummies for homemade marshmallows or add both. Store in the fridge.